I’m Emilie Cleaver. I was that girl who took accounting classes in undergrad as electives – and loved them. My husband and I have been working to pay off over $120,000 in student loan and auto debt. I’m not proud of those numbers but I am proud of my car and our educations. I’ve got big goals of paying off debt and building wealth. You’re probably here for the personal finance, but I’ll give you some of the other highlights:
- I’m hooked on podcasts and listen to them all the time in the car. Anything from NPR, a few about personal finance, and some other randoms.
- I have a Master’s degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling and am a licensed therapist – hence the student loan debt.
- I’m into social justice and politics. I want to change the world and I love me a good political meme. #staywoke
- Granny at heart.
- I want to do/learn/experience a little bit of everything. Knitting/crocheting, cake decorating, read ALL THE BOOKS, gardening, etc. (see above bullet point).
- In college, my best friend and I had a twitter account dedicated to chair puns. We actually had a lot of really good ones. It’s abandoned, but still up today.
- Obsessed with Lord of the Rings.
- Dogs are life.
Come for the personal finance, stay for the cute pictures of my (judgmental) dog.